Saturday, December 4, 2010

Field
by Pandiyan

Question by Last2Fall: What field of engineering is most demanded these days?

My preference are biomedical, chemical, or nuclear. If you are a professional in one of these fields, can you give me some advice and description of your career. Just a thought what field of engineering has the best salary?




Best answer:

Answer by Syllogistic Libertarian
The bio craze is still going, but right now environmental engineering is huge. If you can put green in front of it, or talk about "sustainability", then everyone and their dog will throw money at you. I'm a research chemical engineer at a national lab, finishing my PhD in chemical engineering.< a href='http://Inspirational.booksharecentral.net'> My topic is ionic liquid delignification of biomass for green auto composites. I started in the solar energy industry as a semiconductor engineer, but got bored with process engineering and went back to get my master's. I've worked on fuel cells, combustors, microchannel devices, and a zillion other things. That's what research is like. But almost every call for proposals I see wants a focus on the environment in some way. If you go chemical with an environmental engineering focus then you'll have to beat recruiters off of you with a stick come graduation. Trust me.





What do you think? Answer below!

No comments:

Post a Comment