Wednesday, February 23, 2011

What is a good poetry anthology published in the last 10 years?



Your Ad Here





Question by Baby C: What is a good poetry anthology published in the last 10 years?

I am taking a creative writing class, and I need a completely poetry anthology published in the last 10 years. I would prefer it be by one poet. Also, I really really do not like contemporary poetry, so does anyone know a good recent anthology with a more classical feel??




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by roxursox
okay i wrote this poem it was sent into an anthology poetry contest, and it was recently published in a book! im in 7th grade tell me if this works and what you think of it:

I look around me ... silence.
The only sounds I hear are the waves gently crashing against the rocks far below.
There isn’t a single cloud in the sky as the misty spray of the sea blows against my face.
I am standing on a concrete bridge with nothing but the swirling green sea below me
And an entrancing blue sky above.
The smell of salt water lingers in the air like a foreign perfume.
To my right is the noisy stuffy city from where I came and will return to shortly.
But to my left, glassy blue-green water stretches as far as the eye can see.
I feel as though I am in a different world, a world of peace.
This is one of the very few places where I feel as though I belong.
As the sun begins to set the wonderful pink, yellow, red, and orange colors seem to perform a dance in the sky.
I am overcome with a rush of emotions; I am sad that the sun had to set on such a perfect day;
And yet, at the same time, I am happy because even though this day is coming to an end.
It opens up a whole world of opportunities for tomorrow.
The sky darkens quicker and quicker until it seems as though the world is covered in a black veil.
I begin to spot creatures of the night emerging from their homes.
All I can see now is the constant flashing ray of light emitted from the lighthouse a few yards behind me.
It is days like this that make me stop and think that it’s a great day to be alive

(remember it is in a book so no copyright please!!!!!!!!!)





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment