Saturday, February 19, 2011

Why does my internet connection go out everytime a door leading to the outdoors is opened and closed?



Your Ad Here



Internet
by Squirmelia

Question by Tarheels: Why does my internet connection go out everytime a door leading to the outdoors is opened and closed?

I have a DSL internet connection through AT&T and for some reason everytime a door is closed the internet connection becomes interrupted and goes out for around 2 to 3 minutes before it returns to normal. The only idea I have for this is that my old home security system is tripping the signal when the door is closed?? Any ideas are welcome if you know what the possible cause could be.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by Colanth
You could be correct - and you have no DSL filter on the security system, I'll bet. EVERY device connected to the phone line - except the DSL modem - MUST have one for DSL to work properly.





Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment